Biblioteca Nacional Buenos Aires
April 8 to April 13, 2019.
The Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes (MNBA) and the Biblioteca Nacional “Mariano Moreno” (BNMM) of Argentina invite the international community of artists, scholars and researchers in arts and culture to participate in the Warburg 2019 symposium from April 8th to April 13th 2019.
The symposium will focus on the following topics:
- Intellectual Biography of Aby Warburg and Members of his School
- The Mnemosyne Atlas
- Warburg and the Sky
- Survival of Ancient “pathos formulas”
- The Life of the Image
- The Renaissance, the Renaissances
- Rhetoric of Violence in Art
- Nachleben and Reformation
- The Classical Tradition
- Evolution of Biblical Topics: Paradise, Deluge, Tower of Babel, etc.
- Warburgian Approaches in the History of Art
- Architecture and Culture
- Science and Art
- Magic and Occultism
- Styles, Techniques, Topics, Methods
- Ephemeral Arts
- Dialogues between Literature and the Arts
- Trauma and Pleasure in Latin American Art
- History of the Book
- Organization of Libraries
- Historiography of Art
- Warburgian filming
- Warburgian Echoes in Present Day Art
- Warburgian Digital Projects
Symposium attendance and participation is free of charge. Those interested in taking part in the symposium must complete and submit the registration form before 20 January, 2019. Those wishing to participate as presenters must also submit, through this same form, an abstract of their proposed presentation of up to 250 words*. Only proposals that strictly conform to the theme of the symposium and by authors that accredit previous research on the subject or on nearby topics will be admitted (students may submit proposals, only if they are supervised by a senior researcher). The final list of admitted presenters will be communicated by February 5, 2019, while the final program will be published by March 30, 2019. Non-resident-in-Argentina presenters, who would need booking air tickets in advance, can request early admission via e-mail.
Papers may be submitted and presented in English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese.
The Organizing Committee will issue formal invitations to national and foreign presenters whose home universities or institutions require it, and will provide a dossier on accommodation and tourism in Buenos Aires.
Please send any queries to email@example.com
* Although the online form must be used for official registration, the Organizing Committee would appreciate an early indication by email of interest in presenting at the symposium, as well as the tentative title of the presentation (please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org). This email will not replace the necessary online registration form; it will be used by the Organizing Committee to better plan sessions and dialogue with potential presenters.
Ezequiel Martínez; Natalia Garnero; Mariana Marchesi; Ricardo Visentini; Javier Planas; Roberto Casazza; Silvina Vidal
Bill Sherman; José Emilio Burucúa; Uwe Fleckner; Giovanna Targia; Michael Thimann; Katia Mazzucco; Philippe Despoix; Andreas Beyer; Martin Treml; Davide Stimilli; Carlo Ginzburg; Maurizio Ghelardi; Gerhard Wolf; Paul Taylor; Charles Burnett; Francisco Jarauta; Regina Weber; Silvina Vidal; Nicolás Kwiatkowski; Sandra Szir; Roberto Casazza; William Duba; Mariana Marchesi; Juan Pablo Bubello; Nora Sforza; Marcelo Campagno; Gabriela Siracusano; Fabián Ludueña Romandini; Laura Malosetti Costa; Paula Casajus; Alejandro Gangui; Diana Wechsler; Silvana Filippi; Marcelo Leonardo Levinas; Silvia Magnavacca; Luiz Carlos Bombassaro; Cássio Fernandes; Claudia D´Amico; Francisco Bertelloni.
More information see, simposio 2019